I know that a lot of people these days have problems with self esteem so today I’m sharing five activities and behaviors that help build confidence and a positive self image:
- Don’t criticize yourself or others.
- Greet everyone with a smile no matter how sour you may be feeling.
- Talk positively to yourself and to your fellow human beings, even when your negative voice inside is telling you the world is a bag of manure.
- Focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses.
- View a failure as the end of one performance. Immediately pick yourself up without hammering yourself and move forward, realizing that failure means something better awaits you around the corner IF you move forward instead of backward.
I know these tips sounds simplistic, but in my 62 years on this whirling ball of dirt I’ve learned to appreciate the fact that simple wisdom cuts closer to the bone of truth than complicated theories and endless exercises from so-called experts charging an arm and a leg for their advice.
If you have a self esteem activity or tip you’d like to share, there’s plenty of room for it below.