As an aging man slogging into his mid-60′s, I’m happy to report I haven’t had an acne problem in a very long time. With that said, during my teen years a serious zit infestation turned my face into something out of a horror movie.
Since many prescription drugs for acne are known to have serious side effects, I offer here some home remedies said to be helpful for acne problems:
- Apply lemon juice.
- Apply leaves or grated pieces of cucumber.
- Try a clove-based face mask or a paste of Fenugreek leaves applied overnight and washed off next morning.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to 1 teaspoon of mint or corriander juice. Apply and wash off before retiring to bed.
- Orange peel pounded well with water and applied to affected areas has been reported as being helpful.
- Drink at least a 64 ounces of pure water each day to impart a healthy glow to the skin.
- Apply some Tea Tree Oil as directed on product.
- Go on a diet where you only eat organic apples for three days
If you know of a natural acne remedy that works, please share it in the comment section below.