How about four easy food storage tips this chilly Tuesday afternoon?
- Wrap celery in plastic wrap when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks. The less air, the longer the celery lasts.
- For a variation of the first tip, take a head of Romaine lettuce, dry it after rinsing, and then place in a plastic bag. Here comes the cool part. Grab a straw and stick it in the bag and twirl the top of the bag. Suck out all the air, quickly pull out the straw, and then twist the bag tight before sealing with a twisty tie.
You’ll be amazed at how long celery and Romaine lettuce will remain fresh using the above technique.
Now, how about a fun food tip…
- Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
- The next time your bag of brown sugar has hardened to brick status, place a slice of fresh apple in the hardened sugar to soften it.
Let’s finish with a fun corn on the cob tip, shall we?
- When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn’s natural sweetness.
Finally, if you have a food tip you’d like to share…